Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spinach Souffle


This is a classic at our house...a recipe I grew up eating and one that my mother made at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a delicious way to eat spinach and best of all, it's super easy to make. Above are the ingredients that you will need.

4 boxes frozen chopped spinach
2 small cans cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup mayonaise
4 eggs
2 (or more) cups cheddar cheese

First, you'll cook the spinach in about 2 cups of water...


Until all the frozen lumps are out. Be careful not to burn the spinach.

Then drain the spinach, pressing out the extra water.

While the spinach is cooking, you can mix together the mushroom soup, mayo, and eggs.


Like so....

This is a good place to stop and kiss a squishy kid who's watching you cook.


Then add the spinach to the soup mixture.

And then add the cheese! The more the merrier.

To bake, I place the spinach in two pans (the less thick, the faster it cooks). I place the pans filled with spinach in a baking pan with water in the bottom (helps the bottom of the souffle not to overcook).

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, or until a knife comes out mostly clean. The middle shouldn't look "soupy" anymore.


And that's it! Enjoy.

~Alicia

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday, Tutorial Tuesday, and The Ultimate Recipe Swap.
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. That looks really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! That looks so good... I have some extra spinach too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I will be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely delicious! I love creamed spinach but have never attempted anything like this before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY! Thank you for linking up to my Tutorial Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, this looks REALLY good! Thanks for sharing, even if I'm just now finding it several months later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much spinach in the frozen boxes? Please. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.