I have been mostly in bed for the last 2-3 days due to some sort of cold/tonsillitis. Boo-Hiss.
Thus, today I'm sharing my Top Ten When You're Sick:
(Please keep in mind that I am not sharing these as a medical professional...this is simply what I do when sickness strikes!)
1) Sleep. For me, this means napping whenever the baby is napping. I'm thankful he still takes two naps!
2) Drink water. Lots and lots of water. I have been following this advice almost too religiously, which is why I had to wake up so many times last night! Ooops.
3) Hot showers to help break up congestion.
4) Hot tea. This has definitely been a lifesaver for my wretchedly sore throat. When I'm sick, chamomile is my favorite. Last night my hubby snuck a cough drop into my tea.
5) Another sore throat remedy is popsicles. Although try to stay away from the super sugary ones, since sugar lowers your immune system.
6) Ibuprofen is my friend! Ibuprofen or Tylenol help lower the inflammatory response your body has when you get sick.
7) Pajamas and movies. Yesterday, Squishy and I watched Up. Squirrel! But I skipped the sad parts that always make me cry. Crying and congestion don't mix.
8) Chicken broth. Homemade chicken broth is so good for you! Especially if you cook the bones down and get a nice gelatinous stock. I know I've been talking about chicken broth a lot lately, and I'm going to share even more about the wondrous stuff next week...
9) Don't rule out a trip to the doctor! While I don't advocate our nation's "I-just-coughed-maybe-I-need-an-antibiotic" attitude, you might be surprised to to find out from your MD that you actually do need something beyond over-the-counter intervention.
10) And, of course, relax and don't worry about the housework/laundry/unfinished tasks that accumulate! Instead, go back to point #7. Or #1.
And thanks everyone for your sweet words/well wishes! I'm sure I'll be healthy again soon...:)
I'm linked to Top Ten Tuesday and WFMW.