Ten Ways Homemade Chicken Stock Can Revolutionize Your Cooking
1) When you're sick, and you're not cooking at all, you can live off of this stuff by the bowlful. I would know...I did this last week!
Chicken Noodle Soup. Hello comfort food. Hello comfort food that's really good for me.
3) To pack in more flavor, chicken stock can be used as a replacement for water in most soups. You can also use it as a replacement for water in many dinner meals.
4) Use chicken stock when you make this chicken stir-fry.
5) Use it to make your own Cream of Chicken Soup. No MSG is a beautiful thing.
6) Want to cook up some extra yummy veggies? Cook them in chicken stock (like I do when I make Memaw's Green Beans).
7) I've never tried this one, but I've read that you can successfully use chicken stock as a replacement for milk/cream in mashed potatoes (a lower fat option, I guess).
8) Or, add chicken stock to your stuffing! Doesn't that sound divine? Makes me ready for Thanksgiving.
9) I've also discovered that it can help make a mean pasta sauce. I used it in this lemon pepper shrimp pasta and we loved it (I also subbed more chicken stock for the white wine, which I didn't have on hand).
10) Last but not least, you can cook your rice in chicken stock. Yum! I do this if I have leftover chicken broth hanging around.
Did you know you could do all of that with chicken stock? If you have a fabulous way of using this liquid gold at your house, please share in the comments.
As always, I'm linked to Top Ten Tuesday, Works For Me Wednesday, and Homemaking Link-Up. :D