In my simple kitchen, here are the 10 tools that I use non-stop:
1. My beloved tea kettle. How do people live without tea kettles in their kitchens? Kettles are old-fashioned (love!) and homey. And they whistle.
2. My Caphelon Stock Pot and Jumbo Fryer. A sweet uncle bought us a lovely set of Caphelon pots and pans when we got married and they have been so awesome. I use the stock pot and the "jumbo fryer" (basically a large, deep skillet) almost every day.
3. A trusty crockpot. One bulky appliance I couldn't do without. If I had a bigger kitchen I would own two of these because I use it for all sorts of delicious goodness. Like homemade yogurt. Or chicken stock. Or extremely yummy parmesan tilapia.
4. Wooden spoons. They are so kind to pots and pans. They also double as swords. Or paddles.
5. An Apron. I have a self-imposed rule when I'm working in the kitchen: always wear an apron! Because I am catastrophically messy (my husband can attest). I've stained many a shirt. Besides, I get this fabulous domestic feeling when I wear an apron. :) Mine has tea pots on it.
7. Ball Canning Jars. *swoon* So pretty and useful! I found a small-ish one at a garage sale this past Saturday for a quarter. How happy. The Pioneer Woman has an entire post on the joys of canning jars. I use mine for homemade yogurt, freezer jam, and chicken stock primarily, since I have yet to actually can something.
8. Ice trays. For freezing things like peaches, whey, herbs, homemade popsicles...
9. A handy-dandy pan scraper. Not only are these perfect for cleaning pans, but I also use mine to scrape flour off the counter after I knead bread and when I shine my sink!
10. This last one is a newbie in my kitchen--a cheesecloth! I have a whole post about this lovely stuff coming tomorrow...
What kitchen tool is attached to your hip?
To my favorite knife, food processor, and bread basket: Please don't think I've forgotten you! I love you, too.
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.
P.S. Today is the last day to enter to win a $10 Wal-Mart Gift Card!