Friday, December 31, 2010

27 in my 27th Year {Happy Birthday To Me!}

My 23rd birthday--Hubby decorated the cake!
It's New Year's Eve! And even more exciting....it's my birthday!

I am 26 years old today.

In celebration of both my birthday and to ring in the new year, I have drafted a list of 27 things I would like to do in my 27th year of life.
  1. Run a 5k. 
  2. Cook a Thai dish. 2/15
  3. Can my first jam. 3/23
  4. Take my husband on a surprise date. 9/16
  5. Purchase my first DSLR Camera (ok, so technically, I did this yesterday! More to come...). 1/7
  6. Read 12 new books.
  7. Attend my first blogging conference (Blissdom '11, here I come!). 1/25
  8. Go strawberry picking. 3/22
  9. Write a handwritten note to a friend/relative each month. (So far, so good)
  10. Go camping as a family.
  11. Learn a song on the guitar (I currently don't know a thing).
  12. Learn how to use Photoshop. (Well on my way as of 5/01)
  13. Read through the Bible.
  14. Make a gingerbread house from scratch. 12/11
  15. Plant my first spring container garden from seed. (Garden planted 2/29...partially from seed!)
  16. Do my first 365 project!
  17. Make more breads from my top 10 list. July 2011
  18. Start using Skype. 10/1
  19. Finish my wedding album.
  20. Learn about the Bantawa Rai people.
  21. Make my husband breakfast in bed.
  22. Clean a friend's house.
  23. Have sewing circle with the original sewing circle gals. 8/4
  24. Take Squishy to storytime at the library.
  25. Make Eggs Benedict. 10/24
  26. Take someone bread fresh of out the out of the oven.
  27. Get pregnant! Wouldn't that be incredibly awesome? (Baby due 12/29/2011!)
I have other thoughts/earnest prayers concerning the year ahead, but the list above mainly my silly/adventurous one. In the words of my godfather, "Life is a continuum of opportunities for wonder and fun."  

Are you going to find them?

Happy New Year, sweet friends!



Linked to Finer Things Friday.
Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous list, what a great idea! Happy Birthday to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    That sounds like a great list - I'm sure you can knock those all out. I would recommend working on item #1 before item #27. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea...might have to borrow it in November.

    Happy Birthday!! See you soon - Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun list!! And Happy Birthday! I didn't know we are practically the same age - I turned 26 on Sept. 6. It is always fun to meet like-minded/mature people my same age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday!! What a great list. I agree with Miriam. I'm 26 too and havent met too many mature people like us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of birthdays, my friend! I so can't wait to finally meet you in less than a month!! :) Super excited! And I love your list! Especially finishing your wedding album - I just finished mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Alicia! I like your goal of 12 new books for the year. I am going to attempt that as well, fiction one month, non-fiction the next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Happy Birthday to you! What an inspiring list! Makes me want to make a bucket list for my new year. Maybe I will... Now the wheels are turning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A most ambitious list.

    I've read, and commented before. But I'm not sure if I told you how I came here. The simple of it is that I'll be at Blissdom.

    I know having a man in this comment section is a little out of the norm. I've been blogging less than 2 months and only recently come to understand what a precious and protected online place the world of Christian "mom blogs" is.

    So I am learning not to tread heavily in with my big man feet. That being said, if you'd like to keep this a "big man feet" free zone I'd understand. Just let me know. Godspeed on your list, and your marriage, and your writing.

    Happy Birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone!

    Cindy, you are right. I'm hoping to do a 5k in January, maybe (although I have done zip training so far)!

    Craig, you are more than welcome to participate in the community here! There are a handful of men (that I know of) that read my blog, including my father-in-law. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!! (I didn't realize you're so YOUNG.) Great list, I look forward to reading about these upcoming adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I look forward to more wonderful reads and being a part of your life in the little way we can in the upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday Alicia, good luck with all the fun activities you planned for the new year! Lots of love Amelie

    ReplyDelete
  14. New Year's Eve birthday, how fun and hope it was a happy one! Love this list, can't wait to hear more about the DSLR camera and your other adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday!! Great list! My brother got us really nice running shoes (not that I would know anything about that though) so I guess we'll be running as well. I went to bed early last night, and then woke up at 2:30am not able to fall back asleep so I worked on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Horray! Maybe we can do the last together again :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I love, love, love everything on your list. YAY for Blissdom! And, yes, please start using skype!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.