This post was originally planned for yesterday, but it was waiting unfinished in my drafts folder when we were struck with the dreaded stomach flu. Boo! Now, we're recovered, we're home, and we're pushing back the post-holiday daze with the realization that the new year is just around the corner. Crazy!
Even though we finished out by getting sick, we still enjoyed our holiday trip. Here's a recap:
Our Christmas Top Ten
1) Cinnamon Toast with Cinnamon Honey Butter with Grandad.
2) Snow flurries in Florida! I've only seen snow in my hometown 3 times. This trip was one of them! Granted, it melted the minute it touched the ground, but it was still exciting.
3) The joy of a simple ball. Sometimes it's the little things that bring the most delight! Obviously Squishy thinks so.
4. Playing Settlers of Catan with my sister Lindsey and her soon-to-be-husband, Jared. I was surprised to see my mild-mannered sister turn into a competitive, wheeling and dealing player! She was pretty cute.
5. Baked brie with craisins. Hello there love.
6. Making goals for the new year with my hubby. This is our first year doing this, and I think it might become tradition.
7. Fires in the fireplace. So cozy! It was cold enough this Christmas to get full use out of my parents'!
8. Simply being home. It's familiar, it's sane, and it's sweet. And even when you and your hubby spend the day in bed sick, there are built-in babysitters. A lifesaver.
|Mom singing a song she wrote for her dad|
10. Returning home. Isn't that always the best part?
How was your holiday?
Also, thanks for all of your get-well wishes! They were cheering. :)
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday and I'm Lovin' It!