A week from today, I will be hopping in the car and making the 8 hour drive to Tennessee...Blissdom bound!
For my non-blogging readers, Blissdom '11 is a blogging conference. I still think it's wild that there are such things as blogging conferences, much less that I'm attending one. I am really really excited and thankful that I get to be there! A BIG thanks to Blogging With Amy...I won a free Blissdom ticket from her (wooot!).
Will you all indulge me a bit as I pause from some of my normal homemaking posts (especially next week) and blog about this experience? I would love to share it with you all.
Here's why I'm full of anticipation about this blogging conference:
1) Meeting people In Real Life that I've previously only known through their blogs. What a twist! I've read about these ladies' lives through their blogs, chatted with them on twitter, exchanged emails. But I'm not sure I could pick all of them out in a crowd (I guess we'll find out, right?).
2) Learning, learning, learning. I know the sessions will be packed with information...especially useful to me since I'm so new to this whole world. My brain is going to burst.
3) Hanging with my roomie, Sarah from A Wife Loved Like The Church.
4) Traveling! 8 hours of driving can be a long time, but I'm going to soak in every minute! Sing at the top of my lungs, talk to Jesus, enjoy the scenery, drink Starbucks. And I'm looking forward to visiting Nashville for the second time (I was around 13 when I last visited).
5) Putting on make-up every day. Preparing for this trip has made me realize that I rarely dress up and accessorizing is not my forte. But I'm excited to do a little bit of both next week!
6) More practice with my new camera. Change of scenery=more pictures.
7) Girl time. I'm secretly hoping that parts of Blissdom will be like a girl's slumber party. PJs, good talks, giggles. But maybe more sleep? Maybe I'm a bit optimistic with that last one. ;)
8) Talking to my hubby on the phone. Strange, I know, but when we talk on the phone, it reminds me of the long conversations we had when he was deployed. We had a lot of time to perfect our phone communication. And on the phone we always say "I love you." 10 times more than when we're in person. We're just funny like that.
9) A Mom Vacation. Um, hello? It will be six days by myself! No laundry. No dishes. No dirty high chairs. No ink-stained-fingers-and-couches-because-someone-got-into-the-printer-cartridges. I'm not sure how it will feel. I've never left Squishy for more than one night. I know I will miss him and Andrew, but I am going to enjoy every second of this time off.
10) I'm new to this. If you've been to Blissdom before, what was your favorite part?
For the rest of you, when's the last time you spent time away from home by yourself? What did you do?
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda's.