I'm taking a moment to participate in the 2011 Ultimate Blog Party...for the first time. :)
If this is your first time visiting Alicia's Homemaking, then welcome. I'm going to give you a tour in fabulous Top Ten Tuesday style. On any given day when you visit here, you are likely to find me:
1) In the kitchen...
|Quick Crustless Quiche|
2) Having adventures. Each Thursday I host Try New Adventures Thursday, which is a challenge to get creative and try something new in life each week--to get out of our comfort zones, stretch ourselves, have fun.
Last week, I canned my very 1st jam! This Thursday, feel free to stop by and add your own adventure post to the weekly linky party. :)
3) Chasing my one-year-old...
As a SAHM, I now have the job I always wanted as a little girl. Here are the Top Ten Reasons I Love My Job.
4) Kissing my hubby....oooh, OOPS! TMI. But I do treasure my husband and our marriage, and I write occasionally about married life in posts like Top 10 Tidbits of Marital Advice, 10 Wonderful Things About Marriage, and Top 10 Ways I Want to Support My Hubby. And apparently I always write about marriage in groups of ten.
5) Having a budget meeting. Way less interesting than kissing, I know. But with a husband in grad school and the current salary for stay-at-home moms running as low as it is, we are in the midst of The Less Project--a two year mission to live on less and remain as debt-free as possible.
6) Figuring out the difference between ISO and aperture, because I am the proud owner of a new DSLR camera!
I'm just dipping my (very green) toe into the waters of all there is the learn...but loving every minute of it and sharing some of my new found knowledge here.
7) Singing to my garden...
...or at least trying to remember to water it. We are growing a container garden for the first time ever, and I desperately want it to live.
8) Cleaning the house. Between my new cleaning schedule and some sporadic spring cleaning, I'm giving it my best shot. Although, I must say, some days I wonder if it's even possible to maintain a relatively clean house with a little one underfoot. Ah, well...it's a small price to pay for all the crazy joy those small tornadoes bring! Regardless of strewn toys, I hope to create a place where people can be at home. Many times that has very little to do with cleaning.
9) Learning to be a Jesus-girl. Browsing through my blog, I realize I have dedicated very few posts solely to this topic ("topic" is hardly the right word, since following Jesus is the ultimate!). I hope my love for Jesus is in-between the lines of every post I write..but in future posts I may share more of my story--what being a Jesus-girl looks like in my life and how He won my allegiance. :)
10) Getting to know you. Some of the best action around here happens in the comments. I love getting to know each one of you...it's a blast to learn from each other. If you're here for the 1st time, please introduce yourself! And if you're one of my lovely, faithful readers, won't you share in the comments a bit about yourself, too? Some of you I know more than others...and many of you are lurking un-introduced. Wave and show your pretty face!
If you like what you see, you can have posts from Alicia's Homemaking arrive cheerfully in your inbox or in a reader. I'd also love to connect with you on twitter or facebook. :)