|We perfected the art of making s'mores over the grill|
I came away from the book sale elated, because I found Volume 1 and 2 of Julia Child's Mastering The Art of French Cooking (for a total of $14!). I also added Betty Crocker's cookbook to my collection.
I've been perusing my cookbook collection and trying to incorporate more recipes from my cookbooks in our weekly menu plan. My cookbook shelf holds some awesome resources that I have left somewhat untapped. This week I'm trying two recipes from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook (the 1996 edition).
Here's this week's dinner menu:
Tuesday--Stuffed Buffalo Chicken with carrots
Wednesday--Pinto Bean and Brown Rice Burritoes
Thursday--Spicy Peanut Chicken with Brown Rice (from the Betty Crocker Cookbook)
Saturday--Hungarian Goulash (also from Betty Crocker's Cookbook)
I'll let you know what we think of the recipes!
Next, weekly goals. Last week I crossed off the following:
Exercise x 3.Yes! I did it!
- Finish Around The World in 80 Years. Made progress on this book, but didn't quite finish it.
Finish The Mission of Motherhood(and write blog post outline). I finished the book (yay!!!), but not the outline. Finish the letter to my friend. Gather Operation Christmas Child supplies. I got a start on this. I have the box and a few starter gifts (crayons, pencils, chalk, etc.).
- Plant herb seeds. I need fresh parsley in my life again. Nope. The basil is still lonely.
- Work on wedding scrapbook for one hour. Nope. Instead, I worked on editing pictures because there are tons of great photo deals around right now.
- Consistently go to bed by 10 pm and wake up at 6 am (getting up at 6 gives me at least an hour before the little one is up!). Hm. I think I did this 3 days in a row and then I had trouble sleeping and woke up later.
- Arrange for a friend and I to take our kiddos to storytime at the library. Not yet.
Now, for this week:
- Exercise x 3.
- Write outline for blog post reviewing The Mission of Motherhood.
- Finish Around The World in 80 Years.
- Schedule a hair cut for Squishy (he is looking pretty..um...shaggy these days).
- Schedule a doctor's appointment for Squishy. I have a very hard time remembering to make appointments.
- Work for one hour on a photo project.
- Order Christmas cards.
- Arrange for a friend and I to take our kiddos to storytime at the library.
- Oh yes, and I haven't ditched the bedtime/waketime goal. Bedtime goal=10 pm. Waketime goal=6 am.
Are you ready to tackle this new week?
Linked to Money Saving Mom and Menu Plan Monday.