Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pulled Pork and Homemade Rolls




This year I am trying tons of new recipes! Last night I tried two new things--slow cooker pulled pork and double quick dinner rolls.

The verdict?

Success.

I used a 3.8 lb pork tenderloin instead of a 2 pound one and cooked it for 6 hours in my crock pot...and then I wasn't home for awhile so it was on the warm setting. I thought the pork was overdone, but the barbeque sauce masked that perfectly. But next time I won't cook it so long. It threw me for a loop how this recipe calls for you to cook the pork in root beer!

In the dinner rolls, I was looking for a recipe that 1) did not require a breadmaker, because I don't have one, and 2) would take less than 2 hours to rise. This recipe fit the bill! Very easy, and they were perfect for making tiny pulled pork sandwiches. And they even called for potato flakes...something I have had in my pantry but never thought I would use!

:)
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. sounds good! Glad it worked out so well!

    love,
    Nicole Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. That looks delicious! I'd really, really like to have the recipe for both of those dishes. My family loves pulled pork and slow cooking it sounds so easy. Can you put the recipes on your site or bring them to your parents house so I can pick them up Sunday? Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, if you click on the recipe names, it will take you to the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.