Tuesday, March 30, 2010

About That FABULOUS Carrot Cake


Ok, so remember how I mentioned that I was going to make my hubby an amazing carrot cake for his birthday?

Well, I have embarked upon that task, and thought I would give you some pointers about making carrot cake.

#1: If your recipe calls for 1 1/3 cup pureed cooked carrots, don't only cook 7 medium carrots. It won't be enough.

#2: Make sure you have enough eggs at least a day in advance, so you aren't calling your mother (or your neighbor) in a panic...

#3: Make sure you have enough cake pans.

#4: Put the coffee pot somewhere far FAR away from your cooking space. Otherwise, when you go to reach for the crushed pineapples, a jar of baby food might fall out of the cabinet and break said coffee pot. This has been known to happen.

#5: When using a springform pan, make sure the bottom is secured BEFORE pouring your cake mix in.

#6: Don't use a thin kitchen towel to pull a hot cake pan out of the oven.


I won't tell you how I know these things. Or how my finger got burnt. Or how there is carrot cake batter all over the bottom of my oven.

If you follow the above tips, your carrot cake is sure to be perfect. Or at least your coffee pot will be intact.

And I haven't even made the icing! I'm sure I'll have more catastrophes....er....wisdom to share with you afterwards.

~Alicia

P.S. Stay tuned for my next post, titled, "How to make carrot cake when you haven't had your morning coffee."
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. LOL This is amazing. Have to say it's one of my favorite posts by far.... Love you. Call me!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.