Monday, July 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday--I Heart Grilled Chicken

Last week I took Erin's advice and my hubby broke out the grill for me and did some batch grilling. What a brilliant idea! And we have the tiniest charcoal grill you can imagine, so if I can do batch grilling, you can too (the same can be said for my freezer and freezer cooking)!

On Friday I made a huge double batch of Black Bean and Mango Chicken Salad--that stuff is so awesome (and it calls for grilled chicken)! Look below at all the fresh ingredients that go in it! I digress from the original recipe by only adding 1/2 a pkg of the italian seasoning per batch, which makes the recipe cheaper, and it still tastes great.


I should also mention that my homemade yogurt experiment turned out wonderfully--I will be making it regularly. I sweetened it with some honey, a small amount of white sugar, and some vanilla extract. 


So here's what our menu plan looks like this week:

Breakfasts: Yogurt/fruit, hashbrowns, banana bread
Lunches: leftovers, salads

Dinners by Weeknight:
Monday--Black Bean and Mango Chicken Salad with homemade flour tortillas
Tuesday--Beef Stroganoff with mashed potatoes and carrots
Wednesday--Grilled Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (a spin off of this recipe minus the shrimp) with corn and green beans
Thursday--Dinner at Bible Study
Friday--Pizza night. We'll top our pizza with spinach and tomato slices

What will you be serving this week? Visit Menu Planning Monday if you're stuck in a rut...



Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. You have a great week lined up - starting with that great mango salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make that exact flour tortilla recipe. It is sooooo good and easy. I'll be making some for tomorrow's tacos.

    I've never put spinach on my pizza. I'm gong to have to try it, since it's a lot cheaper than basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Betty Crapper--yes, I found the link for the tortillas through your blog!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making the chicken salad for supper tomorrow night. I will have to check out the tortilla recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Lesley, let me know what you think!
    Betty, we loved the tortillas. I was shocked at how easy they were.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.