Friday, August 20, 2010

The Beach Vs. The Small Things

Laguna Beach, Florida
Somehow when I decided I was going to faithfully do the small things during the entire month of August, I forgot that I was going to be out of town for a week. And for half of that week, we've been at the beach.

Hm, how many baseboards have I dusted? Not a single one!

However, my conscience feels quite clean.

As we drive home from the beach, I will do today's small thing, which is to work on organizing your housekeeping tasks (read more about that here)--this will be helpful to me as our family goes into a busy semester. And next week, it's back to the small things full force. :)

In the meantime, I'm enjoying our last few hours on this sunny Florida beach. Happy Friday!



I'm linked up to Company Girl Coffee. :)
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your time at the beach! I really need to start working on doing the "small things" each day - my husband would LOVE it if our house was actually CLEAN once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel certain you have found sanctuary at the beach! Hope you enjoyed the rest! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of girl! I'll take a day at the beach over housework anytime! Our house attests to many beach days this summer :) Hope you had an awesome summer! a fellow company girl~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad at all. Enjoy enjoy enjoy the beach!!!! I wish I was there too...although it's been a really gloomy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous beach and a clean conscience. What more could a girl ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. Do you think if I say it enough I'll actually NOT be jealous?! :) Glad you've had such a wonderful week! Enjoy the last parts of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture is fabulous! I choose the beach over small things, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.