Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Do you see this calendar? It's empty. That is not a good thing.
Top Ten Reasons I Need to Write Everything Down
1) Because last week I completely forgot a scheduled lunch date. I would have stood my friend up (thankfully she called me)! I asked my husband later that day, "Have I always been like this?" "Just since the baby, honey" he replied. Fabulous.
2) So that things are done in a timely manner. Like returning library books. Or paying the bills (just a minor detail).
3) To avoid multiple trips into town for various small and/or BIG things. What a gas drainer!
4) So I remember whose birthday is when and whose birthday is whose. Did I lose you on that last part? Last year I wrote my brother's August birthday down in my calendar. His name is Andrew. When the August date approached, I started asking my husband (also named Andrew) what he wanted to do for his birthday (which is actually in March) and wasn't he going to take the day off work? I received a blank stare. I was so busted.
5) Not only do I need to write things down, I need to write them down in multiple places. In the last two weeks I have twice lost a friend's number that I wrote on a scrap piece of paper (why didn't I put it in my phone?).
6) To prevent moldy laundry.
7) To help reign in my mind when I pray. Prayer lists are wonderful.
8) To keep track of pantry inventory/freezer inventory. I actually don't have a freezer inventory list yet. Maybe because my freezer is so small. But still, it would help me when I menu plan.
9) So that the holidays don't sneak up out of nowhere! Seriously, sometimes I forget December comes around every year.
10) So that we bring matches next time we go camping. And a power cord. And a broom. And a lantern. And camera batteries. And mosquito repellent...
What do you need to write down?
Obviously, I need lists in my life. I kind of like them, too (shhhhh, don't tell). So I'm linked up to OhAmanda's Top Ten Tuesday, Tackle It Tuesday, and Anti-Procrastination Tuesday.