But as I look back on the last 7 days, I realize I have had some adventures and first-time experiences! Here's what I've done for the first time this week:
- Fished a bug out of my son's mouth. Well, let me rephrase. Half a bug. The other half was irretrievable--he swallowed it. It was some sort of centipede thing. GROSS. I cannot count the number of finger-sweeps I have done this week!
- Experienced "game day" in our new town. We live in a football town that pretty much shuts down when there is a home game! And we happen to live close enough to the stadium to hear the loudspeaker in the distance.
- Went to part of an Iftar. It's currently the month of Ramadan, where Muslims around the world fast each day and break their fast after sunset. Our neighbors are Muslim, and invited my husband and I to eat with them and their friends on the picnic tables right outside of our apartment. It was primarily a Persian meal because most of the Muslims participating were Iranian. I had the odd experience of sitting outside on a warm Florida night in a long-sleeved shirt, drinking hot tea! I also felt slightly immodest, because although I was very modestly dressed according to American standards, all the women around me were covered from head to toe (they wore headresses, long-sleeved shirts, and skirts that touched the ground). They were very sweet folks, though. I had interesting conversations about abortion and eating monkey brains, of all things.
- Used Coconut Oil for the first time.
- Danced side-by-side with the Squish! He has just started bobbing when I turn music on, so we "danced" together in the living room this week. How precious!
- Wrote out my birth story. Actually writing down my experience with labor took me through the ups and downs of it again. Labor is such a roller coaster!
- Instituted "Story-Time" with our 9 month old. I love love LOVE to read, but I have not done it very consistently with our son, until now. He sits still for the story and looks at each page, and (the most amazing part) doesn't try to grab the book and eat it!
The twitter hashtag for following along is #TryNewAdventures. :) I will be tweeting your posts!
P.S. I wanted to extend a big thanks to Amy from Blogging with Amy, Christine from iDreamofClean, Jen from BigBinder, and Lauren from Mama's Laundry Talk. These sweet ladies helped me out when I was having trouble syncing my facebook page with my blog. Thanks ladies--you're awesome!
P.S.S. Enter the $10 Shop Credit To Kelly Joy Boutique Giveaway!
P.S.S.S. While you're at it, you can also win a quart of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. :)