I will mark one year of blogging here at Alicia's Homemaking! Hard to believe, but definitely a fun milestone for me. More about that on Friday (with a fun giveaway!)
|My blogging spot...I wish it was this uncluttered right now! ;)|
10 First-Year Blogging Lessons:
1) Know your purpose in blogging. This can be as simple as sharing photos/updates with family, but having a purpose keeps you focused. Blogging can be extremely time-consuming, especially if you get sidetracked and try to keep up with what everyone else is doing. Your purpose certainly may evolve over time--mine has (more on that this Friday)!
|These guys are my FULL-TIME job. :D|
2) My roles--wife, mother, homemaker--come before blogging about those roles! If one starts to interfere with the other, then it's the blogging that has to give.
3) Blogging "pressure" is all in my head. There is no "standard of blogging" that I have to live up to (do you hear me talking to my perfectionistic side right now?). If I'm starting to feel pressure in any area of my blogging, then my perspective is out of whack.
4) A proof-reader is invaluable. Most days, my hubby is my go-to critic (and he's so giving I can hardly call him such).
5) Pictures make everything more fun! Especially your own photos.
6) Cooking a recipe while simultaneously photographing it is an art! I'm slowly improving here and wish to thank my 5+ year old, 5 megapixel, point-and-shoot Cannon for holding up (even when I've dropped it so multiple times or have gotten it covered with flour). I've learned that most of the time using a flash is not a good idea and that you can adjust your shutter speed to improve the picture's lighting.
|My (nerdy!) blogging notebook|
8) Be brave in reaching out and making connections with other bloggers (and/or readers).
9) Personally, I've found that planning out my blogging is crucial. My blogging life has been so much easier since I set up an editorial calendar.
10) In this last year, I have discovered that I really enjoy blogging. For the learning, the creating, and the relationships formed.
I'm linked to Top Ten Tuesday over at Oh Amanda's and WFMW at We Are THAT Family.
In an attempt to understand more about my reader's demographics, I'm wondering if you'll fill out this quick survey for me (then you can enter to win a $5 Amazon Gift Card!).