Friday, October 22, 2010

Of Note

Happy Friday, dear readers! :D

I just have a few bullet points this morning for ya...

Crystal from The Thrifty Mama has finished her goal--she has completed the 30 Day Shred! Awesome! In case you're wondering where I'm at with good ol' Jillian, I started over after my sickness and have now completed day 16 and am tackling day 17 today! Whoo-hooo! Over half-way done. :) As you can see, I've included a very flattering picture of myself (ha!) after having worked out one day this week.

In other news, the Relevant Conference is going on this weekend, and for those of us who couldn't make it, we can watch some of the keynote speakers live today at 9:30 am, 3:30 pm, and 6:30 pm and tomorrow (Ann Voskamp!!!!) at 6 pm.

With that, I'm taking the rest of the weekend off from the blog. I'll see you Monday! Next week marks a special date for Alicia's Homemaking (can you guess?), so I have a couple of things up my sleeve. :D

Have a lovely weekend...



Linked to Company Girl Coffee.
Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. Well, good for you. sounds like you are over half way to your goal. That's wonderful and know it's makes you feel good.

    I've been reading so much about the Relevant Conference and look forward to hearing more about it.

    Blessings to you for a wonderful, enriching week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are sticking with the 30 Day Shred! You are so inspiring. My wrist and hand are healing but the doctor said no push ups or any exercise involving that area. And on top of that, I got sick this week with the "man-cold". I've termed it that because all my friends who've gotten it sound like men when they talk :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I have tremendous respect for anyone who even attempts the Shred! I'm too intimidated to try it. Maybe sometime! :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the shred! I skipped my Wed. run this week do to...intestinal issues. I thought I was going to DIE this morning when I went...UGH! Staying in shape is HARD! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! Thanks for sharing the link to watch the Relevant speakers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started the workout plans that are on sparkpeople. Or as my older one calls it, Exercise Time! Keep it up!! You're past halfway!

    Enjoy your weekend.

    I'm sure the special date you're talking about has to do with this http://www.aliciashomemaking.com/2009/10/new-blogging-adventure.html =) Now we have to start from the beginning. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the shred!! I sooo wanted to go to relevant! I'm glad to know I can peek in on some of the speaking! Thanks for the visit... see you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! 17 days is respectable, and you'll make it all the way to 30! What will you do when you've beaten Jillian?

    I'm looking forward to the reveal of what is up your sleeve next week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I'm stopping in from over at Home Sanctuary.

    I've heard so many interesting things about the 30 day shred. I don't really need to lose weight, but I could stand to get in shape and build some muscle. Would you recommend it for those purposes?

    Nice to meet you...hope you have a great weekend!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, the Shred will definitely help you tone up!! I actually am not sure if I've lost any weight...but I know I've gained some muscle (and I'm just using 2 lb weights!).

    Joyce, you're good! Very good.

    One more equals 4: Isn't that the truth! It is hard work...but worth it.

    Candi, hope that wrist keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. way to go on the shred! That thing is so hard. I tend to get to about day 7 and quit. Once I made it almost to the end and I felt so good. The secret for me is to mute Jillian and listen to a book on cd while I do the video - keeps it interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.