My sweet boy turns one tomorrow. One! It's caused me to reflect on the past year--my first year as a mom. It is truly a precious privilege, and one I do not take lightly.
Top 10 In My First Year of Motherhood:
(Prepare yourself for lots of pictures!)
1. The first meeting. Intense relief, intense joy.
2. The first real smiles. My mommy heart wanted to burst.
3. 9,482,037,651 kisses. Um, yeah. I have kissed this kid an unreal amount of times.
4. Watching my husband become a dad. Wow. I love my tender-hearted man.
5. Seeing our parents become grandparents. They are seriously in love and it's pretty cute. With two sisters getting married in the spring, maybe more grandchildren will be on the way in the near future! My parents will be sure to give their fair share of encouragement, in the form of, "So, when can we expect to be grandparents again?" every time you see them. Every few minutes every time that you see them, that is. ;)
7. The delight of a sleeping baby. First of all, they're sleeping (as in, it's quiet...and you can sleep. Or eat. Or pee.), and second, it's the most adorable thing in the world.
8. Watching your child play. Squish entertains himself quite well, but is always on the look out for a new discovery. Which is making things more challenging lately.
9. I love how having a baby in the house makes everything turn into a song. Everything. You sing about toes, carseats, washing dishes, getting dressed, eating, you name it. If your baby has a cold, you sing about the nose-sucker-thingy.
10. An inside peek into God's father-heart. How He has our best in mind, even when it requires loss/discipline (i.e. "No, Squishy, you can't chew on the electrical cord!"). How He loves us just for us. No performance necessary.
P.S. Did I mention cuddling? 'Cause I live for the cuddles.
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday. :)