Few experiences can rival a piece of my beloved Honey Wheat Bread, warm from the oven (who are the jokers who say to wait 'til it cools? Are you kidding me?!), spread with butter or nutella. Be still my heart.
I seem to have gotten over my intimidation of yeast. Hurrah! This is mainly due to the above recipe, which has never failed me. As a bread-making newbie, I needed a fool-proof formula (I am forever indebted to my dear friend Leah for sharing the recipe)! Now, I'm itching to try all sorts of fun breads. It is a conquering feeling to pull something as delightful as homemade bread out of the oven!
Here are the next warm and crusty joys I want to try my hand at:
1) Honey Wheat Bread made entirely with freshly milled whole wheat flour. I don't currently own a wheat mill, so the wheat flour I use doesn't have nearly the nutritional value that freshly milled wheat berries would lend!
2) Stuffed Pizza Rolls--I just bought marjoram so that I can make the tasty seasoning that goes on these rolls. :)
3) Artisan Bread (in 5 minutes?!?)--Last time I was in Barnes & Noble, I spent some time perusing the book Artisan Bread In 5 Minutes a Day. Sounds impressive, doesn't it? The idea is that you make up a batch of bread dough and then store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, baking it as needed. Doesn't fresh bread all week sound lovely? I loved the instructions for forming your loaves and am hoping to save up my Swagbucks for the cookbook. :) Angelina shares her adaptation of the recipe in the link above.
4) Crazy Pizza Bread--The Ivory Hut came up with this brilliant idea! Doesn't it look incredible? Kid-friendly, too.
5) Pumpernickel Rye Bread--A restaurant in my hometown makes this fabulous sandwhich called "The Guac" on swirled pumpernickel rye bread. The two slices of soft bread are stuffed with turkey, melted provolone cheese, guacomole, lettuce, tomato, and a delicious Parmesan dressing. I order it every time. I'd love to recreate it!
8) Sourdough Bread--I am curious to try this and know that my husband will be drawn to the science-experiment-like process of making a Sourdough Starter.
9) Blueberry Bread Bread--I've had this recipe in my "To-Make" file for some time...not sure why I haven't made it yet.
10) Garlic Cheese Biscuits--It's been foreeeeever since I had one of these!
What's your favorite homemade bread? Have you tried any of these?
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.