In spite of introducing a cleaning schedule to my homemaking, this winter it was a struggle to stay on top of cleaning. This was primarily because we were sick more often this winter season than I ever remember. Combine sickness with the holidays, multiple trips out of town, and a funeral, and you don't have a good equation for keeping things organized and spotless.
Oh yes, and I have a one year old. He makes for some fabulous cleaning excuses. He wrote on the wall for the 1st time yesterday...
Excuses aside, now it's Spring! We are all healthy, the air is warm, and I have been in cleaning/purging mode. My house needs some serious organization.
Are you ready to see some of the nitty gritty? Prepare to lose all delusions in which you thought I had it "all together."
The top 10 things that need to be organized/cleaned in my house:
1. Squishy's Closet. The Christmas decorations are stashed haphazardly, and the space is ill-used. Ill-used space is a crime in a tiny apartment.
2) Our closet and chest of drawers. A taste of the clutter to be seen there...
3) Bookshelf in Squishy's bedroom.
4) Squishy's chest of drawers. He's growing fast, and many of his clothes need to be sorted.
5) The bathroom shelves. Oh deary me. These deep shelves are wonderful, but easily fall into disarray.
6) The bathroom cabinet. This is a shocking state of affairs. Especially since there's no door to cover this up. However, I do spy a cheery love note...so that's nice. :)
7) Bathroom drawers. Time to organize all the stockpiled shampoo, tampons, deodorant...you name it.
8) My recipe binder. My number of go-to recipes has multiplied at a crazy rate and my binder is bursting at the seams.
9) The kitchen cabinets. I tackled the kitchen yesterday and it's almost done. Here is a before and after of my "catch all" cabinet. The first picture makes me thankful that cabinets have doors.
10) The refrigerator--done! Did you hear the hallelujah chorus after this baby had a good scrubbing yesterday?
|All cleaned out and ready for condiments again.|
Now that you've seen the true state of my house, what's on your spring cleaning list? Want to clean along with me?
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday,Tackle It Tuesday, and Homemaking Link-Up.