Tuesday, May 3, 2011
In Florida, Strawberry season has almost run it's course, so last week we went strawberry picking again, probably for the last time this year. 14 more pounds! This go-round I didn't have time to break out my canner, so we made lots of strawberry freezer jam (I'm trying to make sure I don't have to buy jam at the store for the rest of the year! Thankfully there is still blueberry season and peach season to look forward to...).
With 14 lbs of stawberries in the house, I've come up with...
10 Fabulous Ways to Eat/Use Strawberries:
1) Freeze strawberries for smoothies or future baking. This is a favorite at our house!
2) Strawberry Pie. This Chocolate Drizzled Strawberry Cream Pie is a departure from the typical gelatin containing strawberry pie and looks so perfect for rounding out a summer dinner.
3) Strawberry Sauce. We tried this just this past week with lovely results. We served ours over ice cream and over banana pancakes, but you can also use this strawberry sauce to make strawberry limemade!
4) Strawberry Freezer Jam. This is crazy easy and sooooooo yummy. I have 7 jars in my freezer right now and one in the fridge.
5) Strawberry Jam (the canned version!). Canned jam takes a bit more work (and more dishwashing!), but it's perfect if you don't have a lot of freezer space. It also makes a wonderful homemade gift.
6) Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones. This recipe is from the new Once A Month Mom Whole Foods menu, which I'm very excited about.
7) An addition to your salad--like this Strawberry Feta Salad from Good Life Eats!
8) Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle. What more can be said?
9) Strawberry Salsa! This looks so fresh and summery. :D
10) And, of course, you can never go wrong by dipping your strawberry in chocolate...
What's your favorite way to eat/cook with strawberries?
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.