We reveled in a laid-back weekend with family time...and I took a nap each day.
By last night, the house was a wreck from all that relaxing. And then it happened. Pregnancy purging mode hit. At 10:30 pm last night, you could find me cleaning out the toaster, cleaning off the top of the refrigerator, and organizing the kitchen cabinets. I was on fire (maybe it was the cinnamon latte at 5 pm?). I probably overdid it, because I had my 1st Braxton Hicks before I went to bed. Slow down, pregnant lady!
Now it's Monday, and I'm always happy to work our way back into our weekly routine. First, the menu plan:
Breakfasts: Bagels with cream cheese, oatmeal, cream of wheat, eggs, cold cereal
Lunches: Leftovers, sandwiches
Monday--Cajun Chicken Pasta (as seen on the Pioneer Woman's cooking show this past Saturday)
Wednesday--Steak on the grill with veggies
Thursday--Chicken and Dumplings (new recipe from Pinterest)
Friday--Grilled Chicken (using this marinade) with rice and spinach
Remember my weekly goals from last week? I was encouraged at the focus they helped me maintain during the week, even though I certainly didn't achieve all of them. Here's how I did:
Hang out with my new neighbor(We hung out at least 3 times, so that was awesome!)
- Plan and make one busy bag. I planned two bags, shopped for one, and have yet to put one together.
- Read 3 chapters of The Mission of Motherhood. I read 1 1/2 chapters.
- Organize bedroom desk.. Not yet! I was too busy cleaning my toaster.
Don't forget to send my mom's birthday card.Success!
Plan and do #4 on my 27 before my 27th list (shhhhhh! Don't tell!). I took my hubby on a surprise date this week! More on that later...
- Exercise at least 3 times. Um, yeah. I exercised once. Hoping to improve on this one this week!
- Read 2 1/2 chapters of The Mission of Motherhood.
- Exercise at least 3 times.
- Organize bedroom desk
- Make one busy bag.
- Read with Squishy once a day.
- Finish organizing the kitchen cabinets.
- Have a family photo shoot.
How was your weekend? Any fun Fall activities/recipes on the plan for this week?
Linked to Menu Plan Monday.