Since early February, I've been documenting a list of things I am grateful for. The huge, slap-me-in-the-face-I-can't-believe-this-is-my-life gifts and the tiny, rarely-noticed kindnesses God puts in my path on a daily basis.
When I read the Bible, I'm blown away by all the times God commands us to be thankful. So I'm trying to cultivate that attitude as a habit. Nothing gets me out of a funk faster than simply telling God (sometimes outloud!) thanks for whatever comes to mind in the moment. Talk about a perspective adjuster.
Today I'm seeing God's goodness in:
1. The note my husband left on my to-do list.
2. Squishy's book-reading routine, complete with a blanket, a pillow, a sippy cup, a book, and me.
3. Little boy clothes mixed in with the laundry.
4. A husband who is patient when I doubt.
5. Potty-training progress.
6. A neighbor to go on morning walks with.
7. Skype for talking to a sister in London.
8. Kicks on my bladder.
9. Borrowed maternity clothes.
10. A new morning, a fresh start, and a sleeping little boy.
What are you thankful for today?
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.