1) Applied myself at developing photography skills. My interest in photography really started when I was trying to take pictures of food with my 4-year-old 5 megapixel point-and-shoot!
2) Finished the 30 Day Shred after having my 1st baby. You guys helped keep me accountable!
3) Met Sarah, Christine, Amanda, Mandy, Kathy, Robin, and so many other lovely ladies.
4) Documented half of the sweet moments from our life over the last two years that are recorded on this blog.
5) Purposefully tried to have some sort of adventure or tackle something new each week. Like mulberry picking, canning jam, cooking Thai food, or container gardening.
6) Reconnected with childhood friends like Jodi.
7) Started a twitter account. I thought twitter was ridiculous/confusing. Like any social media, it can be a time waster if you don't watch out, but used wisely, it's a fun tool for connecting. And it's definitely useful for connecting with other bloggers.
8) Learned the basics of freezer cooking from bloggers like Once A Month Mom, Money Saving Mom, and Life As Mom.
9) Forced myself to write. My posts are not poetic or perfectly formed. I aim to simply say what I'm thinking. But, of course, attempting to do that has pushed me to work on communicating more clearly. And to try not to say the word "amazing" or "really" 20 times in one post.
10) Formed relationships with you, my readers. Thanks for your comments, new ideas, encouragement, advice, recipes, and sweet emails.
After attending Blissdom early this year, my blogging goals changed. I'm not stressed by trying to monetize my blog or meet a lot of the "blogging standards" that float around out there. My blog works around our life, and it's a comfortable fit. I typically have at least 5 posts in my head that I'd like to write when I have the chance...but all in good time. Meanwhile, the truly important parts of my life are not neglected.
So! In celebration of two years here at Alicia's Homemaking, I'm having a giveaway! There are two different prizes up for grabs, the 1st being this fun bird's nest charm that I made myself (get out!).
|Bird's nest charm, approx 3/4 inch in diameter.|
There will be two winners (one person will win the charm and one will win the giftcard). To enter, simply comment on this post and make sure to include your email address.
For additional entries (leave a comment for each):
- Follow Alicia's Homemaking on twitter and tweet about this giveaway.
- Follow Alicia's Homemaking on facebook.
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday.
P.S. Honestly, my nose is not as big as it looks in that picture! Haha...
P.S.S. This giveaway will run through November 16, 2011!