Thursday, November 3, 2011

My 1st Engagement Shoot {Try New Adventures Thursday!}

Two sweet friends of ours, recently engaged, asked me to take some engagement photos for them.

Exciting!

Scary.

I took the plunge. After putting photography on the shelf during the beginning of my pregnancy, I'm ready to brush off my beginner skills and work on improving behind the camera.

I think we all felt a little awkward at the beginning of the photoshoot, but by the end everyone had relaxed...and I actually took one of my favorite pictures after we had decided to call it quits. Here are a few of the already-edited shots:

Engagement

Forever engagement

Engagement

engagement

engagement

I'm looking forward to editing the rest!

A few things I learned for next time:
  • Tell the clients not to wear white. Sometimes it can create a bad glare!
  • Remember to take time to let the clients change clothes, brush hair, and re-apply lipstick around mid-shoot, if desired.
All of the pictures were taken with my Canon Rebel XS, using the 18-55 mm kit lens. Over the next week, I'll be watching the mail like a hawk, because I just ordered my next lens!! The 50 mm f/1.8. I can't wait to try it out. :)
_____________________________


Ok, now for your adventures! Link up your post below, link back to Alicia's Homemaking, and then leave some fun comments on other people's posts. 







P.S. Don't forget to help me celebrate the 2-year anniversary of my blog by entering to win a bird's nest jewelry charm or $20 worth of Starbucks!
Share/Bookmark

17 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job on their pictures! I'm no photographer myself, but they look great and professional to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Alicia! You really did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! You have a real eye for photography. :) I love the scrabble letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Scrabble letters, too :) All of the pictures look great and you captured the happiness on their faces well. Now if only you lived closer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They must be very happy with these pictures; you did an amazing job! Love Amelie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whose idea was it to do the Scrabble letters? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So creative and very talented! I would totally hire you if you lived here in TN. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Scrabble piece picture! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your encouragement, ya'll! I have to give pinterest all the credit for giving me the scrabble letters idea...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alicia, the pictures look awesome!! Cute couple too =).

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow they are awesome!! the black and white one is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, great photos, what program do you use to edit them in?

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Jessica, I use Photoshop Elements 9. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.