Thursday, March 8, 2012

In Which Squishy Goes Bowling {Try New Adventures Thursday!}

Seeing life through your two year old's eyes makes things go from fun to epic.

We told Peter yesterday afternoon that we were going to go bowling that evening. After that, all we heard were excited exclamations of "Go bowling! Go bowling! Go bowling, mommy?" Approximately every 2 minutes.

He didn't have a clue what it was, but he sure was excited about it.

March 2012 Instagram

I thought bringing a two year old and a two month old to the bowling alley might be an interesting combo. Containing Peter's incredible energy, breastfeeding Edmund, having them both up past bedtime...not to mention trying to bowl, which I don't have a good track record with.

But what a fabulous time. Two of our couple friends joined us. Peter was enamored with the huge, colorful balls. He even bowled a few himself.

IMG_2470 copy
Diana and Chad--our sweet friends! And Peter's favorite babysitters.
IMG_2474
Larry and Corey! Love these two. But feel free to ignore Larry's t-shirt.
IMG_2466
Look at that face! He was in love.
IMG_2476
Balls come out of that dark hole. COOLEST THING EVER.
IMG_2465
Cheering enthusiastically for someone's bowl...even if it was a gutter ball.
A sweet thing I love about Peter: his random, heartfelt bursts of "YAY!!!!"--complete with clapping. Like a soda bottle releasing excited, fizzy pressure. On Sunday, after the worship team finishes a song and people's voices have just quieted, Squishy's "YAY!!!!" reverberates in the auditorium. Sometimes after I put him down for his nap, I'll hear a periodic "Taaaa-daaaa!" or "Yay!" from the bedroom. The kid lives an exciting life.

And he roots for me when I bowl a total game score in the 50s.

Who cares about the numbers? I got to throw that giant orb of color down the shiny isle and hit the pins. 

Epic.
_____________________________


Did you (or your toddler!) live in the spirit of adventure this week? Link up your adventure-ful blog post, link back to Alicia's Homemaking, and then leave a few happy comments on the posts of other participants. It's a jolly time. Our twitter hashtag is #TryNewAdventures. :)







P.S. Don't forget to enter to win a copy of the E-licious Ecookbook!
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. What fun!!

    We took the girls bowling this summer and they loved it. It's just great how in the moment and amazing everything is for kids. Helps remind me I need to be that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a blast. What a fun memory for little Peter to have :-) And how awesome that he loves his babysitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowling never loses its charm. My kids love it too and they are 11, 8, & 5. We have attended several bowling birthday parties that have been lots of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids find joy in the simplest things. Sounds like fun-I should suggest a family bowling night to my husband. We took our kiddos to the Children's Muesum for the first time and my son loved being a firefighter! That was our new adventure for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I'd be right with you there in the mid-50's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, he is just precious!! We actually haven't taken the girls bowling yet. We've been meaning too, but we always somehow end up doing something else. My sister/BIL wanted to take the girls, so you might see a post about that soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.