One of my favorite recipes, Sticky Chicken, came from my friend Jenna's blog (read how, with this recipe, I can stretch one chicken into four meals!). Recently Jenna has put together a beautiful ecookbook filled with over 45 recipes--everything from Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy to Creme Brulee!
Personally, I've tried several recipes from Jenna's cookbook, and my family has enjoyed all of them. Besides my much-touted Sticky Chicken recipe (which is included in the ecookbook), we've also quickly downed Jenna's Friendship Casserole and Thai Turkey Tacos. This week, I'm trying her Shrimp Stir-Fry for the 1st time.
A few of the ecookbook's perks, in my opinion:
1) For an ecookbook, E-Licious is quite a volume! Over 45 recipes is a lot for an ecookbook...it's probably the biggest ecookbook I own.
2) Variety. There's a section for appetizers, desserts, crockpot meals, and even a section devoted entirely to pumpkin recipes!
3) Pictures with every recipe. Love that!
4) Practical, every-day ingredients.
There are a few recipes in the ecookbook that have ingredients that I use alternatives for:
Cream of Mushroom soup--I just make my own if a recipe calls for this ingredient...but it does make for a few extra steps.
Vegetable oil--I easily substitute coconut oil
Shortening--I substitute butter.
As a whole, I found Jenna's ecookbook to be stocked with family-pleasing recipes...I recommend it! See the bottom of this post for how you can enter to win a free copy for yourself.
Now for my menu plan and weekly goals:
Dinners for This Week:
Monday--Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata with Roasted Asparagus and Garlic Bread
Tuesday--Chili and Cornbread
Wednesday--Shrimp Sitr-Fry (from Jenna's E-Licious ecookbook!) with Rice
Thursday--Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
Friday--Pizza Night with Salad
Saturday--Zucchini Parmesan with Garlic Bread
On to goals...
How I did with last week's goals:(I didn't do so well this week....)
Memorize Deut. 8:11-12 (breaking it down into smaller pieces this week). Read 2 chapters from The Great Omission
- Have two learning sessions with Squishy (think I can pull it off this week?). Not so much. *sigh*
- Pack Andrew's lunch 3 days this week (and add notes!). Turns out that his new rotation location provides lunch most days! I'll have to save this for a different rotation...
- Exercise x 3. I exercised twice, and then I finally came down with my hubby's cold....and took it easy for the rest of the week.
- Make a quadruple batch of pizza dough. Skipped this because I was sick.
- Clean out the basket on )my desk. Nope. Will try again this week!
- Edit 15 photos. I edited 9 photos...so at least that's something! :)
Goals for this week:(A bit repetitive since I missed so many of last weeks' goals...)
- Memorize Deut 8:14.
- Read 2 chapters from The Great Omission.
- 2 learning sessions with Peter.
- Make a quadruple batch of pizza dough.
- Make a triple batch of chili.
- Exercise x 3.
- Pray with Peter before naptime.
- Write post #2 for a blog series that I'm working on.
- Edit 15 photos.
Giveaway is now closed.
To enter to win a copy of the E-licious Ecookbook, leave a comment on this post with your email address included. :) Easy peasy.
Extra entries (leave a comment for each):
- Follow Jenna's blog (The Newlyweds).
- Like Jenna on facebook.
- Follow Jenna on twitter.
- Tweet or facebook about this giveaway. Example: "Enter to win @newlyweds_sp's lovely E-Cookbook over at @AliciasTweeting's blog! http://bit.ly/ydkkzu"
- Subscribe to Alicia's Homemaking via email or RSS.
If you'd like to buy this ecookbook directly, Jenna is offering readers of Alicia's Homemaking a 20% discount. If you buy the book and then win the giveaway, your money will be refunded! Use the code ELICIOUS20 to make the E-Licious cookbook only $4.00.
This post is linked to Menu Planning Monday and Money Saving Mom.
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of E-licious to review. I am now an affiliate of this ecookbook. All opinions are 100% my own.