Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Banana Bread

This is my favorite recipe for banana bread. My mother made this bread (cue fond childhood memories). For all you nut lovers, this might not be the banana bread for you! I like my banana bread moist and nut-less. It's glorious that way.

Banana Bread

For best results, use very ripe bananas!
Banana Bread
_____
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
4 small, ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
_____

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter, sugar, and salt. Add eggs and beat slowly. Add bananas, flour, baking soda, and baking powder and beat well. Mixture will be thick. Turn into greased and floured (sometimes I skip the flouring part) loaf pans (I use the 3x3x9 inch pans...I think those are the dimensions).
Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Yields 2 loaves.

You can freeze this easily. Allow the bread to cool, then wrap well (I use clear plastic wrap) and place in a gallon freezer bag (both loaves will fit).

Butter is divinity

P.S. Add some butter to a warm slice. It's divinity.

~Alicia

It's all about baking over at Life As Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap! Take a peek for some awesome recipes...
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness...we must be kindred spirits b/c i baked a banana bread yesterday and was about to blog about it! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't like nuts in my banana bread either...or most of my baked goods for that matter. don't know why. we LOVE making banana bread over here.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.