Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday @ the Supermarket

Grocery shopping day! Today I hit Publix and Wal-Mart. I had an awesome $10/50 purchase Winn-Dixie coupon that I used at Publix, so that was really nice, especially since I needed a lot of things I did not have coupons for. I also bought some luxury items, like 1/2&1/2 and Earl Grey tea. :) I stocked up on chicken for $.59/lb to get ready for next month's freezer cooking day.

Publix
Spent: $32.98
Saved: $53.48

Then I went to Wal-Mart to buy items I did not have any coupons for. Raisins, butter, some produce. I was happily surprised to find they had flour for $1.50!!! Would have loved to use my .75/1 coupon, but my Wal-Mart does not accept internet coupons. :( However, the checkout lady saw my Dave Ramsey cash envelope system and asked me all about it. Fun. :)


Wal-Mart
Spent: $16.21
Saved: ~$4.00

Grand total spent: $49.19 (just under our $50/week budget!)
Grand total saved: $57.48

~Alicia


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.