With a husband in grad school and a baby in tow, I currently travel sitting on my couch--with a book. But I miss the real thing.
If money were no issue, you'd find me in:
1) England. I know, I know--the touristy American rears her head! But I would really love to sit and drink a cup of tea in England. And sit and listen to all the beautiful accents. In a castle.
2) China. We have dear friends in China (former International students who have moved back home) and they've always told us we could hop around the country, staying at their different homes. Of course, China's so large I'm not sure how easy it would be to "hop" from house to house.
3) Canada. I just want to drive around in New Brunswick. Oh yes, and drink cherry cordial on Prince Edward Island.
4) France. What do I want to do in France? Eat.
5) Ireland. The cliffs make me swoon.
6) Australia. Particularly the Great Barrier Reef.
7) India. I don't see myself vacationing here, per se. Amy Carmichael, who I deeply admire, lived and died in Southern India, and I want to visit the orphanage she founded (Dohnavur). My godfather has been to Dohnavur, which is still operating 100 years later.
Pictured is my friend Christi getting acquainted with an elephant on her trip to India.
8) Niagara Falls. Oooops, that's not a country. Oh well--it's still way up there on my list.
9) Italy. Italian pizza, anyone?
Where would you go? Or have you already been?
I'm linked up to Oh Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday and to Mrs.Sojourner's Travel Tales and Tips. :)
P.S. Germany and Austria would have been WAY up there on my list, but happily, I've been to those countries. :)