The last time I wrote a "Top 10 Freezer Cooking Recipes" post (a year ago), I was fairly new to freezer cooking and working on building a solid repertoire. Many of those stand-bys have stuck (and some are still on my new list!), but a few new favorites have come along. Now I have far too many delicious freezer-friendly recipes to fit on a list of ten--but here are a few that stand out in the crowd!
1) Butterhorns. These are awesome to go along with a meal. Or even to eat for breakfast. YUM.
2) Chicken Spaghetti. One of the few "casseroles" I frequently make and freeze. Ree Drummond, of course, will not lead you astray.
3) Blueberry Pancakes or Banana Pancakes. I never would have thought that pancakes would taste good after they'd been frozen and then reheated, but it's true. They taste great....sooooo much better than buying frozen waffles or the like!
4) Chili. Soup in general freezes excellently. Another favorite is FishMama's Cheddar Vegetable Soup.
5) Freezer Breakfast Burritos. My husband loves it when I make these because they are a quick on-the-go breakfast for him. The fillings can be altered to your preference!
6) Blueberry Zucchini Bread. We love this bread in the summertime when zucchini and blueberries are in abundance. It is so moist.
7) Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. This is not one of those healthy, everyday sort of recipes. This past Christmas I gave it away to family as Christmas presents!
8) Pizza Dough. Make sure you make this recipe successfully start to finish before you freeze it (so that you know you have the yeast/rising part down). We love this recipe for pizza dough, and it can be frozen after kneading. When you thaw it, it will rise.
9) Enchiladas or Taco Meat. Simple, frugal, hunger-appeasing.
10) Lasagna. This was one of the 1st freezer recipes I ever tried, and it's a keeper!
I'm excited to get back into the swing of freezer cooking once all the beginning of pregnancy symptoms subside...
Linked to Top Ten Tuesday and Homemaking Link-Up.