Sunday, April 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday--April 26th

My freezer is starting to get bare, so it's past time to be thinking about the upcoming month's freezer cooking day. For next month, my beloved mother is tackling freezer cooking with me, and we are actually toning the day down a bit...making large amounts of only a few recipes. So far, we've only decided on making pizza dough, a casserole, some baked spagetti, and rolls. Our day of cooking will be a little bit post-poned, due to the approaching graduations of 2 family members at the end of this month.

So, a smaller freezer cooking day means that throughout the month of May I want to be taking some of the recipes that I make throughout the week and doubling them...something that I have not yet gotten into the habit of doing.

Here's what this week's menu plan looks like:

Breakfasts: toast, smoothies, quick quiche, cereal
Lunches: sandwiches, salads, leftovers
Dinners:
Monday--Black bean salsa chicken wraps, broccoli
Tuesday--Hamburgers on the grill, salad
Wednesday--My LAST shift of work (whooo---hooooo!), dinner at my parents
Thursday--Oven Roasted Chicken with veggies and mashed potatoes
Friday--Andrew's sister's graduation dinner
Saturday--my sister's graduation dinner

Stay tuned for two phenomenal recipes this week--the bread that I made last week and my favorite cookies ever (a family recipe)!

Visit Org Junkie's Menu Planning Monday for hundreds of menu plans to get your creative juices flowing...

Love,
Alicia
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for planning you menus! That's probably why you are such a savvy shopper too, Alicia!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black bean salsa chicken looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. Can I come over for dinner?

    Funny thing, we had that black bean salsa chicken dish just the other night. It's a staple in our house. I'll make it and then some of us will have it over salad, others will have it over chips. I never thought of having it with wraps. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. :) I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the time you spend reading and giving feedback.

Please be respectful of others and kind with your words.